Asian-style stir-fried lettuce with any and all greens in your refrigerator makes for a quick side dish or main with steaming hot rice.
Rounding up the Lettuce Series (I should have dubbed it ‘trilogy’) with the easiest recipe ever – a stir fry! Wash, tear, dump, toss and tadaaaaaa…
And did it go down well with the parents? Oh hell yeah! So much so we’ve had repeat requests and it’s been paired with steamed rice, dumped on toast, stirred into noodles and eaten as is.
I added a variety of lettuce and some spring onion greens (just because!); feel free to throw in a handful of the greens you need to finish up. There’s only one recommendation for this particular recipe – line up your ingredients coz you got to be quick!
Do let me know if you try this recipe! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram at from.the.corner.table and hashtag it #fromthecornertable. I’d love to see it ❤️
For regular updates on recipes, recommendations on things to read and watch and ramblings that make sense, subscribe to the newsletter – you’ll find the form in the sidebar if viewing on a screen and at the bottom if viewing on the phone. Since spamming or flooding your inbox is a huge no for me, these newsletters go out only when I’ve put up a new post or sometimes, once in a month only.
If easy recipes are what you want to bookmark for those hectic weekdays, then you can check out the Chicken Lettuce Soup, Pumpkin & Potato in Mustard Oil and Rosha among others.
- Huge bunch of lettuce
- 2 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Sugar as required
- Black pepper powder
- 12-15 Garlic cloves
- ½ inch Ginger
- Wash lettuce and other greens (if using). Shake off excess water well and tear into big chunks.
- Mix the soy sauce, salt, sugar, pepper powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Smash the ginger and garlic cloves.
- In a wok or non-stick pan, heat sesame oil.
- Add the smashed ginger and let it sit in the oil for a few seconds so allow the oil to be infused with flavour.
- Add the garlic cloves and give it a quick stir.
- Throw in the lettuce and toss well, making sure you cover them in the oil mix as thoroughly as possible.
- Switch to high flame.
- Pour in the sauce mixture and give the lettuce (and greens) a good mix.
- Remove from heat when the lettuce is tender but have a slight crunch.
- Sprinkle with some white sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.